Statewide Uncontested Divorce Services
South Florida Contested and Uncontested Divorce

Serving All Of Florida

The petition for dissolution of marriage (ie divorce) is filed at the Broward courthouse and it is served upon the other party. The other party has twenty days to file an answer to the petition by responding to the allegations in the contested divorce petition. The other party may also file a counter petition asking that they be granted certain things, such as property and alimony or timesharing with regard to the children for example.

If a party needs financial support while the Broward contested divorce case is going on they can make a request for temporary support. This may be temporary alimony for themselves or it may be temporary child support, or temporary exclusive use of the marital home such that the other party has to stay away, or temporary attorney’s fees because they do not have the funds to pay their lawyer, and the other side does. .

While the divorce case is pending in Broward Circuit Court, the discovery process takes place. What this means is that the parties exchange financial and other information regarding the issues of the case. So at the end of the process each party will know where the other side is coming from, what their financial condition is, and what the other side’s position is on issues such as timesharing, etc. The Court rules of procedure require that specific documents be exchanged in a contested divorce such as a financial affidavit signed under oath, paystubs, bank account statements, brokerage account statements, etc. There is also the opportunity to take the deposition of the other party or any other witnesses who are important to the case. .

The deposition is conducted in the presence of a Court reporter under oath and your lawyer may ask questions of the person who is being deposed. (regarding the issues of the Broward divorce case) It is not necessary to send a subpoena to the other party to compel their attendance at deposition but a subpoena must be served on a third party so that they will be required to attend a deposition. Further, financial documents from third parties, companies, employers, etc. can be subpoenaed so that they lawyer will be well prepared with regard to the financial and other issues involved in the case.

Visit Our Florida Divorce FAQ page

Florida Divorce Attorney



No Kids* $695 / Kids* $895

Fast Uncontested Divorce
No Matter Where You Live

Click for Info



When you cannot settle with your spouse

41 Year Lawyer Experience

Get Quote

Contact Us
Free Case Evaluation

To ask the lawyer a free divorce question or get a case evaluation, submit your information below and we will respond shortly.

Click For Divorce Pricing

Invalid Input

Please let us know your email address.

Required Field

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Please let us know your message.

(Type your questions into this box)

Invalid Input

Check your spam filter if you don't see our response to your email

Florida Divorce Attorney

Serving all of Florida